“MKM Builders completed a total rebuild of our kitchen, dining and living room. This was a job that included the demolition of these rooms to the studs. This rebuild included new dry wall, painting and the complete remodel of a 1970’s rock fireplace. New windows and doors, skylights and electrical wiring took this job a few steps further.
What made this remodel far superior to what you might expect, was the attention to detail. We were living in the house through the entire process. Not one day passed that Mark didn’t not remind his crew of that very important fact. Not only were they always polite and respectful, but Mark made sure that his crew and sub-contractors cleaned up construction debris every nigh and insured that we were as comfortable as possible. It is because of that consideration and the quality of his work that we have no hesitation in giving Mark and MKM Builders our highest recommendation.”
~ Kelly Kite, State Assemblyman
“D&B Cabinets has been working with Mark McKinney and MKM Builders for the past six years.We have found Mark and his crew to be very conscientious when dealing with both the clients and the sub-contractors.We look forward to a continuing relationship with them for many years to come.”
~ Don & Brenda Middaugh, D&B Cabinets
“Mark McKinney contracted & completed a difficult remodel at our Incline Village NV home approximately two years ago. This included installation of huge triangular windows on a third story level where no windows existed previously. Frankly, from previous experience, I was dreading the project.
Mark worked through all the challenges with only solutions and no complaints. Our job was completed in a timely fashion and he was a pleasure to work with.
I’m also familiar (personally recommended MKM to friends) with other projects successfully completed.
In the past twenty years my wife and I have completed one new 3700sq ft home and several remodels; the last being far more difficult than the new construction. During these jobs we contracted many different “contractors” with varying degrees of success.
If I had it all over to do again MKM builders would be my first choice.”
~ Stephen Christian, General Manager, Carson Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
“Let me recommend Mark McKinney. He built my home 6 years ago in Minden. Not only did he stay on bid, but he used the best materials, and got it done in record time. Mark is a dependable, pleasant man to work with, and is willing to keep track of how the house is holding up. He has come back to check on a few minor issues… something most builders would just give you a referral number for. I count Mark as one of my friends, and I appreciate him for what he represents.”
~ Nancy Raven
“Over the years Mark and his team of builders have worked on several projects for my family and also our business. In 2007, MKM Builders built a beautiful master suite in our home in the Foothill area of Gardnerville.
In 2009, Mark and MKM Builders built two separate retail locations of us, one inside of Harrah’s Lake Tahoe and another one inside The Horizon Casino Resort.
Mark’s work ethic, honesty, & integrity have always made him a pleasure to work with. His crew is respectful, hard working and professional.
Anytime we need a contractor for personal or commercial purposes, we look no further than MKM Builders.”
~ William Bassett, President, The Romantic Corp.
“My husband and I highly recommend Mark McKinney of MKM Builders for general contracting. Mark built our home in Minden two years ago. We found Mark to be extremely skilled and knowledgeable. His estimate for our contract was accurate. He and his team were a pleasure to work with. They saw opportunities to improve on the original plan without added cost which enhanced the beauty and function of our home.
We were also impressed with all of his subcontractors. Mark skillfully scheduled them so all completed their work on a timely basis. The quality of their work was uniformly excellent.
We would be happy to provide a tour of our home and grounds and answer any further questions you may have.”
~ Birdie Hanson and William Koskuba
“My name is Dennis McDuffee and I am one of the broker owners of Intero Real Estate at 1362 US HWY 395 STE 112 in Gardnerville, Nevada. When asked to write this letter in behalf of Mr. Mckinney and MKM Builders I was honored! When we started Intero we were working out of a small office space with big dreams. We found a spot that was a shell and owner allowed us to pick the contractor and do it they way we wanted to.
I work out in the morning pretty early and there is a group of us always there and Mark is one of them. I heard good things about him so I decided to give him a try. I know a lot of contractor fiends and it would be easy to have picked anyone of them but I really wanted to keep it all business that was the best decision I have ever made.
MKM was on it! I hand them a hand written sketch an we were off to the races. Plans were completed and permits issued and before knew it we were picking colors. It was the most painless project I have ever been through and that is because Mark made it that way.
If your are thinking of a building a custom home or dong an addition I would definitely pick MKM, you will be impressed.”
~ Dennis McDuffee
“It is with great pleasure and a high comfort level that I strongly recommend MKM Builders, Mark McKinney, Owner to you for for several reasons. Mark had been recommended to me by fiends as a very dedicated and conscientious individual. Based on their opinions an experience with him I contacted Mark to discuss a few construction projects I needed to have don in our home. I found the following to be strong attributes of MKM Builders:
- Professional in reviewing and discussing the projects to be completed.
- Complete and detailed quote that addressed the timeline, materials an costs.
- Professional and respectful crews, well organized an prepared.
- The employees were very considerate of the property as they worked so their tasks were completed with the least possible negative impact.
- At the end of each day the crew carefully cleaned up the work work area and left everything tidy an organized so they could start the next day efficiently and to keep any negative impact to us at a minimum.
- If the crew encountered something that needed to be addressed they contact Mark immediately. He promptly arrived to review the situation, determine what the issue was and was professional in presenting the information to us with his recommendations and any time schedule changes that might be necessary and any additional cost if required.
- Mark and his employees were easy to work with and discuss any concerns we might have. They listened, communicated well and made any modifications with ease (& sense of humor & positive outlook) we requested.
- Mark was very conscientious about any subcontractors he hired so they equally maintained the high work standards Mark and his crew held.
- mark an his crew put 110% into their work. I found each of them to take a great deal of pride in in what they id and their goals were to have a completed job that looked excellent but also met our exceeded health and safety requirements.
- All work was completed at high standards using only quality materials while Mark diligently maintained fair and accountable costs.
Overall, Mark McKinney and his employees were dedicated, respectful, worked very hard to maintain high standards, professional at all times and took pride in their work. I felt the end projects exceeded my expectations. I believe Mark did an excellent job. I enjoyed working with him and I will definitely contract him again to handle any construction projects need to have done. Without hesitation I strongly recommend MKM Builders, Mark McKinney, Owner.”
~ Barbara J. Griffin